Affiliate Disclosure: I receive a small commission for purchases made via affiliate links.
Have you ever felt that feeling that you’re no longer growing spiritually? Are you longing to discover bible verses for growth?
Have you had that gutwrenching moment when you realized that you’re no longer praying like you used to? Have you realized that you’re no longer spending time on your relationship with Jesus through Bible reading and personal meditation?
Hey, that’s me too! While I’m ashamed of admitting it, I’m planning to do something about it. And you should too!
At certain times in our lives, we enter phases where we’re caught up with our responsibilities, bills, work, and even relationships. To be honest, I’ve recently been through a stage where I stopped spending time nourishing my spiritual needs.
Are you struggling with the same spiritual neglect problem like me? Think about it, has your spiritual life been put on halt as well because of the other worldly things that occupy your heart and mind?
I am not here to shame you or blame you. I understand that life can be heavy sometimes and we choose to let go of a few things for a while just to get other things done. When times like these come, it’s now more than ever we need to focus on bible verses for growth to help us along!
Growing up, I remember how my family would go to church every Sunday morning. My mom would wake us up around six in the morning to get ready for 9:00 service.
My older sister and brother would race to the bathroom to shower because we only have 2 bathrooms in our home. The three of us were always excited to attend our church where we have our own sessions of “Sunday School”.
In our Sunday School, the kids were taught about important Bible stories, sang Christian songs, and enjoyed fun youth activities that made me love the feeling of going to church even more.
I believe Sunday School had a huge impact in my spirituality and during those years I had a strong relationship with God and often prayed to Him, read the Bible and sang gospel songs every morning!
But that was when I was young!
Fast forward to my adulthood, and I’m not proud to say that I think I left my relationship with God to my younger self. I am not growing spiritually, but that has to stop! I realized that I have to do something about it. And if you’re like me, you’re welcome to join this journey.
10 Bible Verses for Growth
Below, I will share 10 bible verses for growth. These bible verses are just a few of the passages that can help us kick start our spiritual growth again.
Start with these verses, but don’t stop here! After reading the following 10 Bible verses for growth, spend some quiet time with God and pray for guidance as we take on this journey of rekindling a relationship with God.
- “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:6-7, NIV
- “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5, KJV
- “So put away all the malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation – if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.” 1 Peter 2:1-3, ESV
- “I pray that Christ may live in your hearts by faith. I pray that you will be filled with love. I pray that you will be able to understand how wide and how long and how high and how deep His love is. I pray that you will know the love of Christ. His love goes beyond anything we can understand. I pray that you will be filled with God himself.” Ephesians 3:17-19, NLV
- “So that you may lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God.” Colossians 1:10. NRSV
- “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;” Romans 5:3-4
- “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18, NIV
- “And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment; so that ye may approve the things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and void of offense unto the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11, ASV
- “As for the seed that fell among thorns, these are the ones who, when they have heard, go on their way and are choked with worries, riches, and pleasures of life, and produce no mature fruit. But the seed in the good ground- these are the ones who having heard the word with an honest and good heart, hold on to it and by enduring, produce fruit.” Luke 8:14-15, CSB
- “The earth causes plants to grow. And a garden causes the seeds planted there to grow. In the same way the Lord God will make grow what is right. He will make praise come from all the nations.” Isaiah 61:11, ICB
These 10 bible verses for growth are a good place for us to jump-start a healthy relationship with God again. Try reading one verse a day for the next few days and spend a few minutes contemplating the meaning of the Bible verse. From there, try starting up a bible journaling habit to continue diving deeper into His Word.
Whenever you’re struggling with setting a schedule for you to restart your spiritual growth journey, the best way to deal with it is to spend a few minutes in a quiet place with your Bible and in prayer. If you’re lost on how you’d start with it, you can just talk to God like He’s just there beside you.
You may also like these bible verses for doubt.
Other Books and Movies for Spiritual Growth
|War Room||$9.99 $7.50||View on Amazon|
|Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life||$15.99 $4.18||View on Amazon|
|Spiritual Discovery: 7 Principles for Spiritual Growth, Second Edition||$20.00||View on Amazon|
|The Developing Christian: Spiritual Growth Through the Life Cycle||$24.95 $20.32||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API