What if I can’t make it? What if I can’t do it? What if I can’t pass it on time? What if my salary is not enough to cover my expenses? What if I’m not enough? What if I don’t believe in God anymore?
Questions that start with what-ifs may sound like a simple or normal question for a person to ask themselves or others. But if you think about it, these what-ifs can be a sign of a possibly larger problem called self-doubt.
All of us (even Prominent Christian Thinkers) question ourselves and our capability to do or achieve something even before trying it. It may seem like a normal thing to do but the more you question yourself, the more you doubt your skills, judgment and even God. This may hold you back from seizing many opportunities.
Doubting yourself and others can be a troubling and persuasive voice that can lock you down and stop you from even starting. Sure, asking yourself a few times before doing something can be useful to recognize whether it is right or it is possible. However, when doubt has overcome your thinking process, these questions will hold you back.
How do you get over the “what-if” stage? How do you overcome the self-doubt that you can’t even remember when or how it even started? Don’t worry, it may seem impossible but by turning to Bible verses for doubt, we can see a very effective way of tackling self-doubt.
The Word of God answers all questions!
I’m sure you are already raising your eyebrows and possibly doubting the idea that the bible can solve your problems. Through God’s Word, we’ll learn about how He loves us and how He created us to be just like him.
Through the bible, we will find evidence that we’re equipped with enough skills and strength to overcome anything because God created us in His image.
We know that finding someone that we can lean on in times of doubt is encouraging. That’s why whenever we’re dealing with self-doubt, it is best to cling on to God even more. Together, let’s find out about the beautiful promises of God through these Bible verses for doubt and fight this challenge with His love.
10 Bible Verses for Doubt
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13, NKJV
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10, NIV
- “Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God. I should keep praising him, my savior and my God.” Psalm 42:11, ICB
- “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15, ESV
- “Nevertheless I am continually with you: You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.” Psalm 73:23-24, NKJV
- “I will be with you when you pass through the waters, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. You will not be scorched when you walk through the fire, and the flame will not burn you.” Isaiah 43:2, HCSB
- “Don’t you understand even yet? Don’t you remember the 5,000 I fed with five loaves, and the baskets of leftovers you picked up? Or the 4,000 I fed with seven loaves, and the large baskets of leftovers you picked up?” Matthew 16:9-10, NLT
- “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding in unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.” Isaiah 40:28-29, ESV
- “Whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction so that we could have hope through endurance and through the encouragement of the scriptures.” Romans 15:4, CEB
- “Surely you have instructed many, and you have strengthened the weak hands. Your words have raised up him who was falling, and you have fortified the feeble knees.” Job4:3-4, MEV
-Specific Bible versions may vary. Find the one that’s right for you.
These Bible verses for doubt along with God and our loved ones are always there to assist us and support us during those dark times when we’re doubting ourselves. You may find it hard to reach out, but I believe that this moment in our life is a perfect stage for us to become stronger.
Self-doubt is considered part of being a human, but we know through God’s Word we can be overcomers of our doubts whenever they may arise. It does get better!
There are many ways to fight through the struggles of doubt, but having a solid relationship with God and reaching out to family, friends, and trained professionals within the Christian community will help. Rest assured knowing that you’re already blessed with God’s love and all we have to do is call out to Him and claim the blessings that he bestowed upon us.
Also, let us continue to have a steady communication with Him by setting a daily prayer and Bible reading routine to help us strengthen our minds, heart, and spirit. You will become a beacon of light to those who are doubting themselves and through God’s words, you will be able to touch the lives of other people as well using these Bible verses for doubt.
5 Christian Books on Doubt
These books below are here to help you through your season of doubt.
|It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You...||$24.99 $16.43||View on Amazon|
|The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism||$18.00 $9.99||View on Amazon|
|Benefit of the Doubt: Breaking the Idol of Certainty||$18.00 $14.99||View on Amazon|
|When Faith Fails: Finding God in the Shadow of Doubt||$17.99 $9.99||View on Amazon|
|Room for Doubt: How Uncertainty Can Deepen Your Faith||$22.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API